Monday, January 11, 2010

Soup's On

For the past week it has been cold. South or not- I'm talking really cold. We've been trying to keep warm by staying indoors and bundling up. Friday night we decided to cook some homemade soup for dinner. My friend Krissy gave me a recipe for some Chicken Tortilla Soup. I'm not much of a cook (okay, I have trouble popping popcorn), but I figured it would be pretty difficult to mess up soup. I was right! It was super easy to make and it was delicious! Definately one of my new favorite recipes. Here's the recipe. If you don't try it- you're crazy!
You will need 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 onion, some minced garlic, 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, 1 lb. of chicken, 1 can of chicken broth, 1 can of black beans, and jalepeno pepper (if desired).
First, you need to chop your peppers and onions up.
pepperchop
peppers&onions
Next, heat the chopped peppers and onions in a skillet until they are tender.heatedpeppers
Then, saute the fire roasted tomatos in the skillet with the peppers and onions.roastedmaters
peppersandtomatos
While the tomatos, peppers, and onions simmer, cut the chicken into small pieces.
choppinchicken
Put your peppers and tomatoes into your soup pot and use your skillet to cook the chicken.
chicken
Try to resist begging faces, such as this:
lickinmay
Once the chicken is "most of the way" cooked, dump it into the pot with your tomatos and peppers. Add the can of black beans and the can of chicken broth into the pot as well.
blackbeans
chickenbroth
pouringbroth
Let the soup simmer until done.
cookin
And enjoy!
soup

1 comment:

  1. Brittaney,
    The site is: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/a-quick-guide-to-understanding-your-canon-digital-rebel-xti

    It's actually a site for learning how to use your SLR camera better, but she also has cute fonts and other tips. Warning: uploading the fonts is hard. But she gives step-by-step instructions. I had to get one of my students to help me with the final edits. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...