Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas is Coming

Yep, I said it.  Christmas is coming and it's coming fast!  I still feel like I have a million things to do, but I'm slowly crossing things off of my checklist.  One thing I was able to cross off this week was our Christmas Card.  They have all been stamped and mailed.  This is one of my favorite things to do.  I love coming up with a cute idea for our card and then making it happen.  Last year's card got many compliments and left me wondering what I could whip up for this year's card.  Well, here it is...
.

So, what do you think?  I'm not sure if it tops last year's, but I still think it looks good.
Also, I wanted to remind you of a previous post where I discussed the true meaning of Christmas.  If you have the opportunity to give this season, please do.  This year, we have picked another family to give to.  They dad works with Gavin and is a single father of three kids under 10.  The mother passed away from cancer a few years ago and the grandparents passed soon after that, so he is doing the whole parenting thing all alone.  Gavin started talking to him during the summer when he noticed he never ate lunch.  He told Gavin his story and said he was much more concerned that his kids eat, then him.  Soon after, Gavin started bringing an extra lunch for him.  When school started back, I donated school supplies to his kids so they would be prepared to go back.  For Thanksgiving, we bought the family groceries including a smokey turkey and ham and Gavin anonomously dropped it off on their doorstep right before the guy got home from work.  We've been working hard to get this family some things they need and want for Christmas and I can't wait to give it all to them.  I'm telling you people- best. feeling. in. the. world.  Your should try it!  I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...