Thursday, April 25, 2013

Instagram House

I know I said I was going to get better about this whole blogging thing, but life happens and ours has been pretty busy.  However, I do want to post about our life so that one day I can look back at what was going on, so I'm doing my best to carry on.
The house is moving along.  Our prospective move in date is just two short weeks away (but I'm not holding my breath).  Here's some of the things that have been happening around the house:
.
The exterior was painted about a month ago.  I have to say I am very pleased with the colors I picked.
.
.
The interior paint has been done as well.  There's still a lot of touch up to be done, as well as the trim.  This is our bedroom.

.
Our cabinets went in a couple of weeks ago.  The have turned out to be my favorite thing in the house.  LOVE them!
.
.
Our lighting has gone in as well.  These are the first lights I picked for the house.  They are from Pottery Barn, and I like them a lot.
.
.
The wood floors were installed this past weekend.  This is a shot of them after one round of staining, so they should darken up a bit. (Notice the touch up paint going on with the walls).

.
The driveway was poured this week, and I have to say it's amazing how much more it looks like a home with a driveway.  I guess it's all in the details.
.
.
The shower was tiled yesterday.  I'm really excited to see how it turns out once the glass walls are added.

.
So that's where we are.  A lot has been done, but a lot still has to be done.  And in just a short amount of time!  The granite is going in today and the hubby is making the final touches on his manroom.  This weekend the real fun begins- packing!  Let me know if you'd like to help (don't everyone volunteer at once).

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! We have the same pottery barn lights. We have a large glass bell with the Edison bulb. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...