Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 6 & Day 7: I am thankful...

I decided to combine these posts because the go so well together.

I am thankful for my health and my family.
Hearing me say that these two things go well together may sound odd, but at this time in my life they really do go hand-in-hand. In January my stepdad, George, was diagnosed with Glioblastoma. Glioblastoma is a deadly form of brain cancer. He was immediately operated on to remove the tumor and quickly began radiation and chemotherapy. The doctors were positive, but the reality was that he would be lucky to make it through the year. This form of cancer is very agressive and can grow unbelievably fast. We have been praying each and every day that the tumor would not regrow after being removed. This past Monday, George had his latest MRI and we found out that the tumor is gone! How great is our god?! This year I am very thankful of that! I am so thankful that George is still here with us!George and me

I am also very thankful for my parents. My mom and dad are the most supportive parents I could possibly ask for. They are always there for me whenever I need them. They are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...