Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 5: I am thankful...

I am thankful for my dogs.
(this is the closest they will probably ever get to each other)
It's sad to say, but Maddie and Maisy are our children. I can't get enough of these little girls! The make me smile, even on the worst of days. It doesn't matter if I have been gone for 8 hours or 10 minutes, they are always excited to see me when I come home. Their personalities are the complete opposite of each other. Together they would make the perfect dog.
We call Maisy "Crazy Maisy." This picture sums up her personality. She is a curious little thing. She gets into everything and usually eats it (from Q-tips to socks). She is so affectionate and loving. She loves to warm my feet when I am in the bed and sit on Gavin's shoulder like a parrot whenever he will let her. She also loves to "sing" along with music (especially Miley Cyrus). She is a horrible car rider, but always gets excited when you ask her if she wants to go for a ride.

Maddie is the epitome of "Miss Priss." She is a tiny controller, both bossy and dominant. She hates the outdoors and will only step on the grass to "take care of business." She smiles when I come home (which makes my day) and stamps her feet at Gavin when she doesn't get her way. I swear, this dog understands every word that comes out of our mouths! She was not happy when we brought Maisy home, but she's slowly adjusting. She is rotten!

Both of them are so sweet and funny. I can't imagine life without either of them!

(Yes, she is winking!)

2 comments:

  1. Awww that is so adorable! I laughed when you said "together they would make the perfect dog." You are a more realistic mother than me! I always say, Todd, our Westie is the perfect child.

    Copper, our Chesapeake Bay Retriever on the other hand...let's just say I WISH I would have written Marley and Me first (of course it would have a different title)! I was laughing harder than anyone in a packed theater in Newport News, VA because I KNEW the character of the dog soooo well!!! Regardless, I love them both so much and they too bring Lance and me such unbelievable joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not sad. Mine are my best friends (and my enemies) and I kind of consider them children. Mine, too, are complete opposites (you know this) and combined I'm pretty sure they'd just drive me more crazy. Thank God the dumb one is getting older. You have one ornery one and one bossy one, just be glad neither of them is DUMB.....see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...