Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just What I Needed

With all that had been going on the past few months, I was in desperate need of a vacation.  Yes, we traveled to Philadelphia before Christmas, but that wasn't really a vacation.  We did do some sight seeing, but the real reason we were there was for George's memorial.  Thankfully, my sweet hubby saw that a vacation was in need and made it happen.  We planned a trip north to visit my cousin, Allison, and do some skiing.  It was just what I needed!  Lots of laughs and fun with people I love.  I was especially excited to get Gavin on the slopes, since he had never been before.  I was a little nervous when he decided to snowboard, instead of ski, but he caught on quickly and even rode a black at the end of the day.
.
The plan was to wake up early and make it to a lesson at 10, since neither Gavin or Allison's boyfriend, Cory, had ever been skiing/snowboarding before.  But we ended up sleeping late and not making the lesson.  Good thing the boys picked it up so easily!  Of course, before we started we had to take some pics.




We started out on the bunny slopes to play it safe.
.




We quickly realized the bunny slope lift was more trouble than it was worth and decided to take it to the blues.
.

  
The boys ended up being more successful on the blues and were pretty excited to have a good run.  We headed back to the lifts...
.

Where humiliation ensued for me.
.

I was the idiot that they had to stop the lift for.  As the lifts got more crowded, they started making us ride triple.  My skis got caught under the guy sitting on the other side of me's board and I didn't make it off the lift.  All that coaching I gave Gavin to help him off the lifts, and I was the one that got stuck!
.
Thankfully, I recovered from my embarrassment!
.

By the end of the day, we were hungry and exhausted.
.

After showering, we headed out to dinner and went to bed early.  The next day we checked out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  It was so nice to get away, even if only for a weekend.  I'm already planning our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...