Friday, December 2, 2011

A Busy Week

Hello blog readers!  Has your week been as busy as mine?  Why does life seems to get so busy between Thanksgiving and Christmas?  This is the time when I wish life would slow down a little bit.  It's cold outside (a big change from the 80 degree weather last week), and when it's cold I like to snuggle in my bed with my main squeeze and our pups.  But, with a week like we've had, there wasn't any cuddling going on in our house.  It was more like our head hitting the pillow and we were out!  We started off the week by heading out for our annual Great Christmas Tree Hunt with the Leatherwoods.  First we had dinner at TGI Fridays and then off we went to find the perfect tree!  Deacon was so much fun this year.  He loved running around to find the perfect tree.
.
.
We finally found the perfect tree, paid the nice people at the tree farm, and strapped it to the roof of the car.
.
.
This week has been quite cold, so we ventured out on Tuesday to get the pups some new winter sweaters.
.
.
.
This picture of Maisy make me laugh.  In case you didn't figure it out by now, she's in heat.  She looks like she forgot to put on her pants here!
.
Wednesday we headed up to Opelika to get a new hitch put on my car for the camper.  That took for.ev.er.  Then, yesterday we had a super busy day.  I had a hot afternoon date with Deacon.  I picked him up from school and we headed down to the river walk for Christmas pictures.  After that, Gavin and I headed over to his dad's house to celebrate his little brother, Warren's, 13th birthday.  13- WOW!  I remember changing his diapers and how he's officially a teenager- YIKES!
.
.
.
Then, we headed to Outback to celebrate Richard, Brett's nephew's, birthday.  It was delicious as always and it was good to hang out with the whole Leatherwood clan.
.
.
We got home late last night and had to do laundry and pack because we're headed to Disney World today.  I'm so excited!  I feel like a little kid again.  I haven't been to Disney World since I was 12 years old.  I can't wait to see the park decorated for Christmas and enjoy some warmer weather.  I also plan on getting a little Christmas shopping done for some of my favorite munchkins while I'm there!  We'll be taking the camper, which will make for a long and interesting drive, but it allows us to bring the pups with us.
.
Which brings me to a request.  Please say a little prayer for my Maddie Moo.  She had some tests run the other day, and the tests indicated possible early stages of kidney failure.  We go back in two weeks to get the final verdict and we're praying hard that it was just a fluke in the tests.  I'm trying not to worry about it, but I can't help but think of what could be.  Her and Maisy are like our children and I can't imagine life without her!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about Disney! I know it's beautiful this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...