Monday, April 16, 2012

I've Never Been So Tired in My Life!

Seriously.  I'm doing all I can to stay awake today.  I guess life is finally catching up with me!  Last night I told Gavin I needed a weekend to recover from my weekend.  I didn't get one though.
.
This weekend we headed to Destin for my friend Jenna's wedding.  We stayed in a hotel with Jessica and Krista, who we always have a good time with.  Friday night we got in late and our first stop was for dinner- raw oysters and cold beer.  It was just what I needed!  Then we stopped by Jenna's house to say hello and pick up Jessica.  We headed to the hotel with every intention of going to sleep early.  Wrong!  Krista flew in from Texas, so she got there later.  Of course, we were all so excited to see each other and catch up that we didn't get to sleep until 3 a.m.  Poor Jessica was in the wedding so she had to get up at 6:30 for hair and makeup the next day.  I seriously don't know how she did it!  Meanwhile, Gavin, Krista, and I slept late and then headed to Another Broken Egg for brunch.  Then, we headed back to the hotel to cram in a little time on the beach before the 2:30 wedding.  Of course, that wasn't enough time on the beach, but when do you ever get enough time on the beach?
The wedding was beautiful and Jenna looked amazing.  There was a break between the wedding and the reception, so we headed to get quick manicures in between.  I know- who does that?!  The reception was at a gorgeous plantation overlooking a golf course.  It was so good to see old friends from high school and catch up.  We did a lot of that during cocktail hour.
.

.
I also made a quick buddy.  Jenna's daughter Kate.  I met Kate when she was a few months old, but haven't seen her since.  She came right up to me, said "hi," and held her arms up wanting me to pick her up.  We hung out the rest of cocktail hour.
.
.
Later, we headed in for the reception.  They introduced the wedding party and did the first dance.
.
.
After a delicious dinner, it was time to get the party started.  The sun was down and there were lights strewn all around the dance floor.  Krista and I agreed that the lighting was good and we should take some pictures...
.


.
The night was fun.  We reminisced about our high school days.  We danced, sang, and laughed.  A lot.  At the end of the night, Jenna's sister in law whipped through the reception with a golf cart decorated for the bride and groom.  Everyone got a kick out of that!
.
.
And before we knew it the night was over.
.
Yesterday, we headed to the pool with Jenna and her family.  It was too cold to get in the water, but we enjoyed laying in the sun and talking about the wedding.  Then, it was time to head home.  The weekend was over and we were tired.
.
And as tired as I am right now, it was all worth it.  What's better than spending a fun weekend with good friends who make you laugh?  Nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...