Thursday, April 5, 2012

Life Lately

This post doesn't contain any pictures, but I feel like it's important that I blog about what all is going on right now so that I don't forget what our life is like right now.
As I posted earlier, we're moving.  But before we move we have to sell our house.  But before we put our house on the market we wanted to make is as buyer friendly as possible which meant a lot of painting and upgrading.  So for the past 3 months we have worked out butts off at night and on the weekends to get the house ready to put on the market.  We finally put it on the market this Monday.  I am so relieved to have it on the market.  We worked so hard that I am both physically and emotionally exhausted, so it's good to be done with it.  Last week was my spring break and I've labeled it the "suckiest spring break ever" due to the fact that I spent almost all of it slaving away on the house.  I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief now.  The only thing we have to do is keep it clean, which will be easy with Gavin living in the camper during the week.
It'll also be easy to keep the house clean because we will be out of town every weekend this month.  Yeah, April is going to be a crazy month.  Let me rephrase that- April is already a crazy month.  This Friday I'm headed to Atlanta with some friends to run in The Color Run.  Which I'm super excited about.  Who wouldn't want to run a 5K and have colored powder thrown at you at the same time?  I have to be back in town after the run for a wedding.  Here's to hoping all of that color comes out of my hair before the wedding!
Next weekend we will be headed to Destin with our friends Krista and Jessica to attend another wedding.  Apparently wedding season is in!  I'm excited to see Jessica, Krista, and the bride-to-be Jenna who are all good friends from high school.  I'm also excited to spend a little time on the beach.  It's going to be lots of fun!
The third weekend in April we're headed back to the beach again- Orange Beach.  This trip is our yearly trip down to watch my cousin Allison compete in the Mullet Man triathalon.  Plus the added bonus of family time and the beach.  And my dad cooks some mean ribs that I've been craving for a while now.  It's gonna be a good one!
The fourth weekend in April is a 3 day weekend for me.  Can I get a hallelujah?!  I'll be headed to Mobile with Gavin.  He has to work a LPGA tour down there, so we'll be kickin' it like Tiger Woods for a few days.  And somewhere in there we plan on going to the Dauphin Island Race which is a regatta with a big island party at the end.
Along with busy weekends, our weeks are getting busy too.  We joined a kickball team in Auburn, so each Wednesday I spend the night with Gavin in the camper so we can kickball it up.  Team "I've Got the Runs" all the way!  Thursday softball is also back in swing, so Gavin comes home on Thursdays for that.  That leaves Mondays and Tuesdays to recover from the weekend and gear up for our spring sports.  Which leaves me exhausted.  Especially considering the small inconvenience of that thing called work.  Seriously, is it summer yet?
So this is our life in a nutshell right now.  How's life with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...