Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach Week Part 1: Memorial Day Weekend

As I said in my earlier post, I spent last week at the beach.  Memorial Day weekend was the perfect kick-off to our week.  Beth, Brett, Deacon, Richard (Brett's nephew), Gavin and I were super excited to get away!  After arriving at the beach late (2 a.m.) Friday night, we woke up bright and early for the beach on Saturday morning.  We spent the entire day relaxing and enjoying the sun.
Deacon had a blast too...


Although the weather channel said it was going to rain all weekend, the weather was gorgeous.  We even enjoyed a complete rainbow around the sun!


After a day in the sun on Saturday, Brett and Gavin cooked a spread of ribs, steak, potatoes, pasta salad, and some more stuff for dinner.  It was delicious!  Beth and I weren't slacking though.  We had to make a trip to Pier Park because I forgot most of my clothes at home (I only had bathing suits and pajamas)!
Sunday we rinsed and repeated (meaning we stayed at the beach all day again).  However, we did decide to venture out for dinner.  But only after we had a photo op down by the beach!


Then, we headed down to Pier Park to eat at Reggae J's.  While we were waiting we took some more pictures.

Deacon wasn't too sure about the Guy Harvey dolphin!


After about an hour wait, we were seated for dinner.


Brett's sister Becca and her boyfriend Caleb joined us as well.


Monday we stayed by the pool for a change.  The boys cooked us girls (and Deacon) a wonderful dinner and then headed home.  Beth and I immediately began making plans for the rest of the week, but you'll have to read more to find out about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...