Wednesday, June 29, 2011

San Francisco: Day 2

Day 2 in San Francisco was jam packed, but thanks to a rental car, a lot more relaxing.  We woke up at 7:30 and started the day with a hilly (I'm not playing when I say hilly.  Have you seen Dirty Harry?  Yeah.) walk to the rental place to pick up our car.  Our agenda?  Muir Woods and Napa Valley.  But along the way, we got side tracked.  1st distraction: The Crookedest Street in the World!
.
.
I'd have to say this was my favorite part of the trip.  I mean, check out that view.  And guess who drove The Crookedest Street?  This girl right here did!  After that we had another distraction:
.
 .
And just to prove that I was there and that I (thankfully) don't get my photography skills from my mom, here's another:
.
.
After a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge (which only I had the guts to do) and a 13 miles, we were at Muir Woods.  I took tons of pictures at Muir Woods, but I'm going to keep it short and show you my two favorites:
.
 .
This one shows how old the trees in Muir Woods are.  In case you can't see, it says that this tree was born in 909 A.D.!
.
.
And this one shows how big the trees are!
.
After taking a walk through Muir Woods, it was time to head to Sonoma and Napa Valley.  We visited many wineries in the area and my mom enjoyed a few glasses as we explored.
.


 .
If you get a chance to go to Napa and someone suggests you go to the castle winery- I'd advise against it.  You had to pay just to get in and it was not as great as it was made out to be.  Big disappointment!  On the other hand, you must go by the Beringer winery.  It was, by far, my favorite.  The old house reminded me of my grandparents old house and the people there are wonderful!
.
 .
We got there a little late, but that made all the difference.  We were paying for our goodies as everyone was leaving and started discussing the house with one of the servers.  Before we knew it, they were locking the doors and giving us a private tour of the house!  They took us upstairs where private tastings take place and told us about the history of the house.  My favorite part was getting to see the original stained glass!

.

.
After the Beringer house, we headed back to San Francisco with most of the things on our "to do" list checked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...