Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Am Thankful: Day 6

Today I am thankful for forgiveness.  In all forms forgiveness is wonderful.  Most importantly the forgiveness that I am given for my sins.  But today's story is about forgiveness from a child.  Yep, you heard it right, forgiveness from a child.  This afternoon as my students were packing up, many of them began to crowd around me to ask me questions about some of the papers I had just handed out.  One student had just finished arguing with me about a grade that another teacher had given her, while I tried to justify the grade.  At that moment one of the sweetest students came up to ask me a question and I snapped at her.  In 2 years of teaching this child, I have never had to get onto her, so it came as quite a shock to her.  I immediately felt guilty as she quietly walked back to her seat.  After dealing with some other students and getting them settled, I looked over to her.  She immediately busted out crying when we made eye contact.  Hello horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I went over to her and explained why I had snapped at her, appologized for my actions, and hugged her neck.  I seriously felt disgusted with myself.  She was so sweet, and through tears she said she forgave me.  Of course, the guilt I had didn't immediately subside.  I still felt bad.  But hearing her say that she forgave me let me know that in the end we'd be ok.  Thank goodness for forgiveness.  We'd all be in a bad place without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...