Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Break

It's been 5 years since I've had a fall break.  5 years people!  So to say I was excited was an understatement.  4 whole glorious days of no work was music to my ears.  The only thing that would have made it better is having no obligations.  Then, I could have been worthless at the beach.  But instead I stayed in town and was full of worth to a few people.  I wanted to stay on the plains Saurday for some Auburn football, but we had other things to do.  And seeing the results of the game made me feel a little better about missing out.  We headed to my mom's house Saturday morning so Gavin could mow her grass.  They have a little agreement- he mowes her grass bi-weekly and she washes, dries, and irons all of his work clothes.  While he mowed the grass, my mom and I headed out for a little shopping.  I scored some super cute and comfy heels.  Cute and comfy?  Yes, who knew they make that combination now!  That afternoon we headed to a wedding.  Gavin's friend Matt was getting hitched.  I have to say, we clean up pretty nice.
.


.
We had a good time at the wedding and actually got home at a decent time.  Since we are rarely in town anymore, we headed to Beth and Brett's to hang out with them for a while.
.
We spent Saturday night at my mom's.  Saturday we got up and went to breakfast.  Then we just hung around town shopping, and visiting as we went.  That night, before heading home we picked up my favorite little man.
The next morning he woke my up by crawling in my bed and saying "Don't worry.  I'm not a monster, I'm Deacon."  Cutest thing ever!  Gavin took him to breakfast while I showered.  When they got back, we headed out for the day.  First stop- the park.
.

.
We had a blast and burned off some energy.  Next, we headed to Anders Book Store to pick up a new t-shirt for Maddie.  Her last one shrunk in the dryer and with fall in the air, she needed a new one.  We shopped around for a while and played with some of the stuff in the store.
.
.
Next, we headed to campus.  School was in, so it was busy.  We went to the museum and then walked around the stadium.  While walking around the stadium, we noticed an open gate.  The clean-up crew was inside, so Gavin asked if we could go in.  They let us and we ended up getting to go on the field.  How cool is that?!  I'd say pretty cool if you're a 3 year old!
.
.
After that, we headed to lunch and home for a nap.  Beth and Brett came up for dinner and we planned a trip to Disney World in December.  I can't wait!
.
I spent yesterday running errands and getting stuff done for our new house.  I enjoyed my fall break tremendously, and hope to have more in the future.
.
In other news, my computer is fixed so I hope to get this little blog updated with some pictures from my good camera soon.


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Deacon in the swing, great shot! I need a fall break, sad to say it's been way more than 5 years. But I am looking forward to Thanksgiving break. Gotta have goals to work towards, right?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...